Monday 20 January 2014

Liebster Award

I woke up the other day to a very exciting comment from Andrea on one of my posts saying I had been nominated for the Liebster Award. This award is a way of discovering new blogs which don't have a lot of followers yet and gives bloggers the chance to nominate people they feel deserve it. Since then I have also been nominated by Nisha and Daniela and so it is now time to get on with it and keep this lovely award moving!





There are a few rules which have to be followed, you have to mention the person who nominated you, answer 11 questions written by them, nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers and provide questions for them to answer.

So here are my answers to Andrea's questions:

Why did you start your blog?

I started my blog because I spend so much time reading other people's blogs that I thought it was time to try it out myself. If loads of bloggers say a product is amazing I will go out and buy it straight away so I thought it was about time I shared my experiences with other people. It is also of course a fantastic way of keeping an online diary and record of what’s going on in my life. 

What inspires you?

The idea of learning and experiencing new and exciting things.

What is your biggest ambition/wish in life?

To travel to every continent and see lots of amazing wonders of the world. I have been very lucky to have already been to Asia, Africa, America and of course Europe but I would love the opportunity to travel and see more of the world. Watch this space! 

What is your favourite piece of clothing to wear and why?

My unicorn onesie, it is SO cosy. 

Name 3 qualities you love about yourself.

I am a confident, ambitious and happy person and I love that.

What is your favourite style and why?

Anything and everything that Zoella wears because she just always manages to look so stylish.

Do you prefer new clothes or vintage clothes?

New clothes, I’m not so good at the whole edgy vintage thing.

Do you believe in "all natural" beauty?

Of course! I can be very self-conscious at times and I am not the sort of person to leave the house on a daily basis without make up but I think it is very important to embrace the real you sometimes.

What is your favourite brand and scent of candle?

Yankee candle, fluffy towels. This honestly smells like heaven has been grabbed and locked in a jar. When I have had a rubbish day I put my pyjamas on, light this and make a big creamy hot chocolate and then everything is okay again.

Describe the feeling you get when you press "publish" button

Ahhhhhh!

What would you like to accomplish this year?

Having graduated and moved back home in July I feel like I have a lot to achieve in the next couple of years. By this time next year I would like to either be working in a job with great progression opportunities or have moved abroad to explore the world for a year or two. I would also like to save as much money as possible and make people happy :).


Nisha's questions:

Why did you start blogging?

Answer in Andrea's set of questions

Heels or Flats?

It depends on the occasion because it’s great being comfy in flats. I do love getting a good pair of heels on and getting dressed up though.

What's your favourite season?

Summer, as much as I love layering up and being cosy in the winter there is nothing like throwing on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and sitting outside in a beer garden.

Which one beauty product could you not live without?


A good lip balm, I can’t hack having dry lips. Oh and on that note my lush popcorn lip scrub too!

Are you an introvert or extrovert?


An extrovert, sometimes too much so.

What's your favourite clothes store?


ASOS. Does that count as a store?

Favourite lipstick?

Please Me by Mac. It’s such a good daytime colour and feels great.

What's your dream job?


Haven’t worked this one out quite yet!

What are you most proud of? 


My psychology degree. Three of the best years of my life that ended with a great qualification and a very proud family.

What's your favourite quote? 


Everything happens for a reason

Your favourite cocktail? 

A blueberry muffin from Be at One, holy macaroni these are good.


And last but not least, Daniela's questions:

Why did you start blogging?

Answer in Andrea's set of questions. 

When did you start blogging - and why did you choose that particular time to start up that blog?

I wrote my first couple of blog posts in December but decided to properly give it a go at the beginning of this year. One of my new year’s resolutions was to spend more time doing new and exciting things like blogging now I don’t have any uni work to deal with. 

What is your favourite make up brand?

MAC

Which do you make more of an effort on - hair, make up or clothes?

Make up

What is your favourite blog? Name and link :)
Cliche I know but it has to be The Londoner, her life is just so amazing.

What do you enjoy the most about blogging?

I love being a part of the blogging community!

Why did you choose your blog name?

Lucy locket is what I was called by my family when I was younger so it just stemmed from there.

Drugstore or high end make up? And why?

Drugstore where possible, high end for products that need to match my skin tone such as foundation and concealer. I am also a MAC lipstick obsessive, blog post coming soon. 

If you had £1000 to spend on make-up, what would be on your shopping list?

The entire MAC lipstick range, Chanel mascara, Daisy perfume.

Where would you like to go the most in the world?

Sydney, one of my best friends lives there and it would be amazing to go and visit.

 Give one weird and wonderful thing about yourself

A few years ago I got the chance to cuddle and feed baby tigers, it was incredible!



Finally here are the questions for my lovely nominees:

1) What do you love most about blogging?
2) What beauty product could you not live without?
3) Where is your favourite place in the world, and why?
4) If you could have anything in the world what would you have for a three course meal?
5) Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate?
6) If you could have a super power what would it be?
7) How and why did you pick your blog name?
8) What single quality do you appreciate most in people?
9) Who is your idol and why? 
10) What is your favourite store to shop in? 
11) Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Thank you girls for giving me the opportunity to do this, my nominees are:
1) Hello my names Anna
2) No Rest for the Well Dressed
3) Blogs by Minnie
4) Olivia's notebook
5) Orchha Jewels
6) Eating, Wearing, Living
7) Fashion and Kiwi
8) Beauty + Books
9) Styled by Bunni
10) Tiana Robina
11) Just A Little Touch Of Me

12 comments:

  1. WOW! Thank you so so much, Lucy! These are some fab questions, and I'm gonna have loads of fun answering them :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Olivia, I love your blog! Let me know when you have done it so I can have a look!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me! :)
    ps: followed you on bloglovin
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is great, will answer your questions soon! Thanks! RR xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nomination! I never knew this existed until now, will look forward to answering the questions :) By the way I was also at NTU (10 years ago) studying Property!
    Sharon
    Orchha Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello :) Just stopping by to see if this comment was left by mistake
    http://forvanityssake.wordpress.com/2014/01/20/comfy-casual/#comments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My computer kept crashing when i tried to write on your wall so i didnt think it had worked, so sorry! feel free to answer my questions anyway :) xx

      Delete
  6. Aw, thanks so much for nominating me, very sweet! This seems like a great idea and cant wait to answer them soon!

    -Abi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. They were incredible!!!! I love your blog, so thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  8. AMAZING post dear and that thing with the tigers really moved me...Its hard to belive stupid people can kill so AMAZING animals grrrr:) Im happy to follow ya.

    Check out my blog today...Hot tips how to Glam hack IKEA furniture:)

    Have a great weekend beautiful

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know , its so awful. I will check your blog out and follow you on bloglovin :)

      Delete

Please leave your blog link when commenting so I can have a little look!